1-day ONLINE Training
4 hours of Quality Input from a CELTA Trainer
When: May 22, 2021
Where: Online, Zoom
Who is this training for:
Teachers who are planning to do the CELTA course and would like a kick start on their CELTA journey
Teachers who want their nagging CELTA questions answered
Teachers who want to know what CELTA is really like from an experienced CELTA tutor
Why join in?
During the Training you will:
Get some intel on the CELTA course from an experienced CELTA Tutor
Get rid of your fears and myths around CELTA
Know the truth about assignments, lessons, feedback and pre-course preparation
Get professional answers to your questions about CELTA
Boost your confidence to benefit as much as possible from the course
20% get a Pass B.
5% of candidates fail the course.
Only 5% get a Pass A grade
Sometimes you want to explore things on your own. You can follow your guide's advice and be taken to places.
Sometimes you just need a rest from it all and just drink your coffee in a cosy cafe. When you get lost you might ask people for help.
You also have a map on your phone. Sometimes you're scared to go to places you've never been before and do things you don't usually do...
But it's all part of your travelling. It's up to YOU :)
Key Terms / Concepts you should know
Watch a lesson and comment / give feedback on teaching
What should you know about Lesson Plans?
Q/A session: get answers from an experienced CELTA Tutor
Top Life hacks on Academic Writing for your CELTA Assignments
Useful Resources for CELTA
Lots of teachers are worried about what will be happening on the course and are getting anxious as the start of the course gets closer. During this Training you'll get the answers straight from the horse's mouth and will be inspired.
How are the lessons assessed?
Should I read all 20 books on the list?
Can I fail the course?
What teaching approaches can I use?
What happens if I fail one assignment?
And if I fail a lesson?
- CELTA Pass A, DELTA (3 modules)
- English teacher since 2004
- An experienced CELTA Trainer. Ran CELTA courses in Bangkok, Brussles, Baku
- Runs CELTA courses offline and online
- Worked as an Academic Director for many years training various teachers
- Maria is the creator of Yourielts.ru and one of the hosts on Success with IELTS Podcast
- Conducted a workshop at the 53rd IATEFL conference in Liverpool and regularly presents at various conferences
Maria's Teacher Training Career
May 22, 2021
- What is CELTA course all about, what really happens on the course and what you should know
- “Posh” terms and concepts from teacher’s jargon you should know to write good lesson plans and assignments
- What’s a CELTA Lesson plan like? How to write a decent plan? Dos and Don’ts
- How to write a good assignment and what’s academic style?
- What does the tutor do when they observe you teach?
- You’ll watch a video lesson, and then we’ll give feedback on this lesson: strengths and areas to work on
- What to read, listen and watch before and during your CELTA course?
- Ask any question about the CELTA course and get your answers from an experienced CELTA Tutor
Places are LIMITED
Book your place now
- 4 hours Zoom Session
- Session Recording
- Your CELTA Questions Answered
- Quality CELTA Reading List