- Tell me something about your secondary school.
- Which subject did you find most difficult at school? [Why?]
- Do you ever need that subject now? [Why? / Why not?]
- What did you enjoy about being a school student?
- Are there any famous buildings in your home town? [What are they?]
- In what type of building do most people in your home town live?
- Should buildings be attractive to look at? [Why? / Why not?]
- What is the most unusual building you have ever seen? [Why?]
Candidate task card:
Describe an interesting story that you heard or read about in the news.
You should say:
when you heard or read about the story
what the story was about why the story was in the news and explain why you thought the story was interesting.
- When do people like to read the newspaper?
- How important is it for people to have a choice of newspaper?
- What does a ‘good’ newspaper contain?
The future of newspapers
- Why do some people choose to read the news on the Internet rather than in a newspaper?
- How is Internet news different from the news you read in the newspaper?
- Will Internet news ever replace newspapers? [Why? / Why not?]